Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day 6

It doesn't suck. That's good. My first article for journalism doesn't suck. That's good.

Well, that presentation is tomorrow, I guess I'll give it my all. But first I need to finish Wind Sand and Stars. It's books like WWS that inspire me. They are so beautifully written. So poetic. Yet the tale is about the everyday hero. Well... sort of anyway. It amazes me how much one can describe a human being, how much one can analyze a situation, how much the human race can break down and philosophize the everyday life. Truly fascinating.

On osu! my friend and I want to make a game. I don't know where he plans to get the rest of his staff. Really I don't, but I'm the writer. He and I are going over concepts and this is what we have come to so far:

The main character is going to be from our world. She falls in love with her childhood friend, then she goes on an RPG quest through different worlds like Kingdom Hearts. That's the gameplay, I'm just summing things up, but it's going to be awesome.

Fate Stay Night. I've been interested in it since I've seen it, but never really got around to watching it. Good thing I did, because I found out it came from a visual novel. Those are always better. Much like chaos;head. That thing was great, but when I watched the anime (which I saw first) I had no clue what was going on. That was because the base story was taking place in the main character's head.

The important parts were his thoughts, and those were only skimmed over. There was no way that anime should have been made for viewing. If anything, it was for advertising purposes. But steins;gate, now that's a different story. That anime was kickass. Seriously. Time traveling, parallel universes. The works. I can't wait for a translated version of the visual novel. I just noticed that parallel has two "l"s next to each other. That could be like the two lines that never intersect. Sneaky.

Now that I think about it, what two lines will never intersect? All lines, if only on a microscopic level, are tilted slightly so that at infinity they would eventually meet... right? How knows.

All this talk of parallel stuff is reminding me of 999. 9 Persons 9 Hours 9 Doors. What a puzzle game, you had to lose at least once to win the game. Very clever. Very interesting. Epiphany, huh?

In the game epiphany was the result when one transferred thoughts through invisible wavelengths or summut. I haven't played the game in a while so I don't remember. But have we ever had an epiphany? Ever had a moment where the answer just comes to you? I have, on rare occasions. Is that our brains cognition... or something else entirely?

Where are memories stored? The brain? I don't think so, because our bodies, even when we have amnesia, follow certain mannerisms and such. Muscle memory. Why do some people have a photographic memory? Hmmm...

Earlier, I asked my friend whether talking over the internet scared him. Isn't it unusual that you can talk to someone who could be pretending to be someone else or a person they're not? Playing the role of a character is what we do online. It makes me a little uneasy that I'm not able to read a situation the same way as I can in real life in a face to face conversation. But few people think about that now. Maybe I should just let it go. It's not important anyway.

Hmmm...

Cheers!

Reed R Gale

No comments:

Post a Comment